The Benefits of Restoring Your Smile with Porcelain Crowns
The news that you need a dental crown can seem unfortunate, but porcelain crowns can restore your tooth’s appearance and health to its pre-damage self. When expertly placed by the team at Dentistry On 10 in Mississauga, Ontario, porcelain crowns can make all the difference in your smile. We use this treatment to restore your smile’s esthetics and tooth function using beautiful, durable restorations that support your oral health for many years.
Why porcelain crowns are preferred
A crown is a tooth-shaped appliance that covers your tooth’s visible part to boost its appearance and structure. Unlike dental veneers, dental crowns encase your entire tooth (from the gum line level) to reestablish your tooth’s integrity.
Dental crowns can be created from several materials, including gold, resin, silver, and porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM). Dr. Rina Kotecha and her associates prefer porcelain crowns because they offer numerous functional and cosmetic benefits.
- Esthetically appealing: Porcelain crowns resemble your natural teeth because they reflect light, like natural teeth. We can design your porcelain crowns to match the shade of the surrounding teeth for undetectable results
- Stain-resistant: Unlike composite resin or natural teeth, porcelain is non-porous, meaning it doesn’t absorb stains. Porcelain crowns help you maintain a spotless smile, despite your love for coffee, tea, wine, and other stain-causing offenders
- Durability: Porcelain crowns are incredibly resilient. When well-maintained, dental crowns can last up to 15 years or longer! Dental crowns are a long-term investment for a healthy, confident smile
- Low maintenance: You don’t have to learn new techniques to maintain your porcelain crowns. Maintain these restorations the same way you do to your natural teeth. This care includes brushing, flossing, and bi-annual dental appointments. Also, we recommend using a mouthguard to protect your crowns if you are a chronic tooth grinder or participate in sports
- Comfortable: Porcelain crowns don’t feel bulky, unlike their metal counterparts. Besides, porcelain crowns are easy to mould with precision to ensure a comfortable fit
- Safety: Porcelain crowns are metal-free and biocompatible, which is good news for patients allergic to metal. Ultimately, ceramic crowns have no known safety concerns
All crowns aren’t created equal. The fit and appearance of your final restoration depend on the material used and the skill of your dentist. Our dental team has the technology and expertise to craft dental crowns that look and feel almost identical to your natural teeth. We also use medical-grade materials to provide esthetic, safe, and durable results.
Reclaim your smile with all-porcelain crowns
Share this Article
Back to Dental Crowns Page