Best reasons to see your dentist in Mississauga for a tooth-colored crown
Today more than ever, we find it important to repair
Your dentist in Mississauga may use a dental crown for a number of reasons:
- Extensive damage from decay. In some cases when a cavity has caused extensive damage that has affected the overall structural integrity of the tooth, the best way to restore full function is by covering the entire structure with a beautiful crown. Crowns are also used to replace old, cracked amalgams.
- A fracture or break in a tooth minimizes functionality and also invites bacteria into small crevices, where decay can set in. A crown covers the broken tooth, cushioning chewing force and keeping bacteria out.
- Worn enamel can cause sensitivity as the softer inner tissues and nerves are less protected by natural enamel. A beautiful porcelain crown provides protection and prevents further wear.
- Infection in a tooth may require root canal therapy, leaving the tooth brittle. Further damage can be prevented with a crown.
- Missing teeth can be replaced with bridgework, dentures, or dental implants, all of which include a crown or crowns for support or function and beauty.
- Cosmetic issues such as poor shape or proportions or internal discoloration may all be disguised beneath a custom designed, tooth-colored crown.
At Dentistry on 10, we believe in treating the individual. Dr. Rina Kotecha has exceptional skill in the various areas
Share this Article
Back to General Dentistry Page