Guard Your Mouth and Overall Well-being with Preventive Dentistry Services
Although our team at Dentistry On 10 loves the challenge of complex restorative procedures, we’d prefer if preventive dentistry stopped every cavity, infection, and tooth loss before it even happened. We know you prefer this, too. Preventive dentistry wards off oral issues from cropping up, saving you pain and costly and time-consuming restorative treatments. Dr. Rina Kotecha and her associates in Mississauga, Ontario, offer numerous preventive dentistry treatments to keep your smile issue-free.
Enjoy our preventive dental care services for a healthy smile
Most dental issues are preventable when you take proper measures. At home, we expect you to brush and floss daily to keep your mouth infection-free. However, we understand home dental care alone isn’t sufficient for optimal dental health.
Dr. Rina Kotecha and her associates provide the following preventive dental care treatments to complement the excellent job you do at home:
- Routine dental exams: We recommend you see us every six months for an oral exam. However, patients at risk of decay and gum disease should visit more frequently. These oral assessments allow us to check your mouth for cavities, gum disease, and other oral issues. If you are due for X-rays, we take some to identify dental problems lurking beneath your gum line
- Dental cleaning: Inadequate oral hygiene or “tricky spots” in your mouth can cause plaque and tartar (dental calculus) to build up. Routine dental cleaning eliminates dental calculus to prevent cavities, bad breath, and gum disease
- Oral cancer screening: We examine your gums, tongue, palate, and other oral structures to identify signs of mouth cancer. When we spot lesions, lumps, sores, patches, and other abnormalities, we may order further tests or refer you out for prompt diagnosis and treatment
- Dental sealants: We apply thin plastic coatings on your cavity-prone teeth, particularly the molars, to prevent food and harmful bacteria from adhering to the chewing surfaces
- Fluoride treatment: Fluoride strengthens your enamel, keeping cavities and tooth decay in check for both children and adults
- Mouth guards: We offer sports guards for patients participating in contact sports like football, rugby, boxing, and hockey. An athletic splint protects your teeth from damage and guards your soft tissues from cuts and lacerations
Stay ahead of your oral health with preventive dental services from Dentistry On 10. If you want to enjoy our exceptional services, please dial [call] to reserve an appointment.
Share this Article
Back to Preventive Dentistry Page