Discover whitening tips and teeth whitening services in Mississauga, ON
Your food and drink choices affect the appearance of your teeth. They may become yellow or stained over time. Choosing to whiten your teeth is a personal choice that is a step toward a healthy smile. Located in Mississauga, ON, Dr. Rina Kotecha of Dentistry on 10 offers teeth whitening services to help patients achieve brighter, healthier smiles.
Teeth whitening services
Whitening with your dental professional ensures the health and beauty of your smile. Your dentist can assess your teeth first for problems to ensure nothing may interfere with the whitening process. Dr. Kotecha offers in-office and at-home whitening. In-office treatments offer fast, quality results. The teeth are significantly whitened during a single, one-hour session. The cheeks, gums, and tissues are protected before a bleaching agent is applied. Lamps or lasers may be used to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the product. After the treatment, patients can leave the office with dramatically brighter smiles.
Dentistry on 10 also offers at-home whitening kits. The trays are custom made based on impressions of the patient’s teeth. This ensures the trays fit properly without slipping. A whitening gel is applied to the trays. The trays are then worn for a short period of time each day for up to a couple weeks until the desired shade of whiteness is achieved. At-home whitening gives patients the opportunity to whiten at their own convenience. The product can also be used for touch-ups to help maintain a brilliant smile.
Whitening tips for successful treatment
Patients can safely, effectively achieve brighter, whiter smiles with teeth whitening. Under the guidance of a dentist, the teeth are whitened efficiently. Once you decide to transform your smile, you may be looking for ways to prolong the results and to make the most of your whitening treatment.
Keep the following tips in mind to preserve the health and beauty of your newly whitened teeth.
- Visit your dentist for a professional cleaning first. Having your teeth cleaned ahead of whitening treatments helps remove built-up plaque and tartar. As tartar builds up on the teeth, it creates a yellow coating. A professional cleaning can also help remove some surface stains. Your hygienist uses special tools to remove plaque and clean hard-to-reach areas. Additionally, by choosing to have the teeth cleaned first, the whitening agent absorbs more readily for a more effective treatment.
- Choose professional whitening methods. Whether you choose to have your teeth whitened in the office or to use custom at-home whitening trays, products from your dentist are safe, effective, and efficient. Patients achieve dramatic results.
- Avoid stain-causing products. Your food, drink, and lifestyle choices can discolor your teeth. Coffee, tea, red wine, tomato-based products, and tobacco cause yellowing or discolorations. In general, these products can discolor your teeth faster. For the first few days after your whitening treatment, try to avoid the products as your teeth will be more susceptible to staining. After that, minimize your use of the products or rinse your teeth after consuming them to wash off the stain-causing items.
- Ask your dentist about maintenance treatments. Achieving and maintaining a bright smile takes work. Ask your dentist about touch up treatments or for additional tips on keeping your smile bright. If you regularly consume stain-causing products, you may need additional maintenance products.
- Establish a good oral hygiene regimen. One of the best ways to keep your smile white and healthy is to use good oral hygiene habits at home. Brush at least twice daily to remove stains, bacteria, and buildup off your teeth. Floss daily to remove food particles from between your teeth.
- Use a straw. If you find it difficult to avoid coffee, tea, or soda, use a straw to keep the stains off your teeth. Finish the contents of your drink in a single sitting rather than sipping them throughout the day. The less time a substance sits on your teeth, the better it is for the overall health and beauty of your smile.
- Rinse your teeth. When possible, rinse your teeth after meals to remove food and drink particles that may stain the teeth. This also helps keep bacteria from building up in your mouth.
Let us help you get the bright smile you deserve with teeth whitening services. Contact Dr. Rina Kotecha and the team at Dentistry on 10 in Mississauga, ON to schedule your appointment. Call (905) 455-9262.