When is in-office teeth whitening an alternative to veneers for Mississauga patients?
Perfect celebrity smiles seen all over the silver screen, television, and internet have made porcelain veneers a go-to procedure in many dental offices. Dr. Rina Kotecha at Dentistry on 10 approaches smile improvement a little differently. She believes in considering every aspect of an individual's needs before recommending treatment. In some cases, that means a more economical solution for patients in the Mississauga area, which also conserves tooth structure – in-office teeth whitening.
Causes of discoloration
The majority of our population has naturally white permanent teeth. A host of circumstances, though, can tarnish smiles:
When to whiten
- Negligent hygiene. The primary cause of stained teeth is failure to brush and floss (properly and often), and maintain twice-a-year professional hygiene appointments at Dentistry on 10.
- Diet. Dark beverages like coffee, tea, cola, and red wine leave pigment behind. Berries, apples, and potatoes also stain teeth.
- Tobacco. All forms of tobacco – cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless – darken tooth enamel.
- Health conditions. Some diseases and infections impact the color of tooth enamel, and medications (antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and high blood pressure meds), chemotherapy, and radiation may tinge teeth. Even mouth rinses containing cetylpyridinium chloride or chlorhexidine can be discoloration culprits.
- Dental work. "Silver" amalgam fillings and metal or porcelain fused to metal crowns give teeth an unnatural color.
- Age. Over time, the white enamel layer thins, showing yellowish dentin underneath. Genetics plays a role, also. Some families have thicker tooth enamel.
- Other causes. Excessive fluoridation or trauma may result in discoloration.
Veneers are a versatile way to conceal many types of smile imperfections, including discoloration. However, in most cases the front surfaces of teeth must be reduced slightly to allow a snug, natural-looking fit for these thin layers of porcelain.
When a patient has healthy alignment and teeth that are free of chips, cracks, and wear, Dr. Rina may recommend in-office whitening instead. Soft tissues are protected while teeth are coated with a medical grade whitening gel. The whitening agent is activated with a special light for fast, dramatic results. Under Dr. Rina's watchful eye, most organic stains, even deep ones, can be eliminated effectively and safely in about an hour. Then she suggests at home treatments to keep the new smile sparkling.
Do you want a dentist who helps you make informed decisions based on your needs, lifestyle, and budget? Then don't settle for less. Call (905) 455-9262 today to become a Dentistry on 10 patient.
Back to Teeth Whitening Home page
- Teeth Whitening Services Brampton - Put some sparkle in your smile with safe, effective teeth whitening services near Brampton
- Teeth Whitening Port Credit - Teeth whitening is the key to professional and social success in Port Credit
- Whitening Teeth Mississauga - Whitening teeth with your Mississauga dentist produces the best results
- Home Teeth Whitening Brampton - Which home teeth whitening product is best for Brampton area patients?
- Dentist Which Provides Teeth Whitening near Mississauga - Patients near Mississauga ask, "Which dentist provides teeth whitening?"
- In-Office Teeth Whitening Mississauga - When is in-office teeth whitening an alternative to veneers for Mississauga patients?
- Dental Teeth Whitening Mississauga - Patients in Mississauga need cost effective dental teeth whitening
- Teeth Whitening Options Mississauga - Teeth whitening options available by Mississauga area dentist
A friendly and family like atmosphere.
Quality, professionalism, patience, dedicated service, works with your budget which makes it affordable.
~ Balbir B.