COVID-19 Updates, News, and Information
1. Park and Text bannerThe safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff continue to be our main priority, and we have implemented several measures to ensure that everyone remains safe. Accordingly, we are asking patients to park and call or text us from their cars upon arrival at our premises, without coming into our waiting room. We will call them in at the right time. This minimizes the number of patients in our office at any given time and helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
2. Surgical Air unit in each treatment roomYour safety is our concern and we have made many changes at our office to ensure that you and our staff remain safe and healthy. One is the installation of medical-grade Surgically Clean Air filtration units in each treatment room. The powerful HEPA air purifiers will sterilize and re-energize the air, reducing smells and providing a healthy, hygienic, and comfortable patient experience.
Surgically Clean Air™ Units Are Here!
New HEPA Filtration Systems Have Been Installed At Dentistry On 10
At Dentistry on 10, we are committed to providing the safest possible dental experience for both our patients and our staff. While advances in dental technologies have enabled us to provide better dental care in a number of remarkable ways, our high-speed instruments, disinfectants, and ultrasonic tools can also lead to the accumulation of bacteria, viruses, and chemicals in the air circulating through the dental office.
For this reason, Dentistry on 10 has installed the Surgically Clean Air™ HEPA filtration system in EACH room so our patients and staff can have an even safer experience. The 6-stage filtration system uses surgical grade air purifiers similar to those used in hospital settings to sterilize and re-energize the air, while reducing the smells typically associated with a dental office for a more comfortable and healthy patient experience. The air purifiers are very powerful, filtering and replacing the air every four minutes in each treatment room. You can learn more about this medical-grade air purification system and its benefits at https://scadental.com/.
We look forward to serving you soon in our office with Surgically Clean Air!
3. Plexiglass barrier in the front deskDr. Rina Kotecha and the team at Dentistry on 10 have taken every possible measure to ensure the safety of their patients and staff. As you will notice when entering the office, a Plexiglass barrier has been erected at the front desk to separate the front desk staff from patients. This minimizes direct contact between them and adheres to COVID-19 safety protocol.
4. Social Distancing in the waiting areaMaintaining a distance of two metres between people when in public areas is a must to prevent the Coronavirus spread. We have rearranged our waiting area, strictly keeping with this safety protocol. So you can rest assured that you are maintaining the health and hygiene guidelines laid down by the authorities concerning the pandemic.
5. Hand Sanitizer and Mask StationAt Dentistry on 10, we pay strict attention to ensuring the health and safety of everyone. One of the steps we have taken at our office is to provide hand sanitizer and masks to all our patients so that they can walk into our practice and receive our dental services without any worries. Sanitizer is available at the entrance and at several strategic points in the practice: Patients can walk into our mask station and put on the masks provided for them before heading for treatment.
6. Quality PPE for the entire teamWe have provided the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for all clinical and non-clinical staff at our practice. These will minimize exposure of both staff and patients to potentially harmful germs.
7. Online forms and check-inThis step will minimize the time spent by patients on fulfilling routine tasks and procedures. Since they have already filled in their forms and checked in online when they arrive at our office, some of the steps to be performed in the office would be eliminated.
8. Reduced and controlled flow of patientsSince patients have already checked in and are waiting in their vehicles until being called in, there will be fewer patients inside the office. This will also enable us to better control the flow of patients.
9. Electronic appointment remindersWe will send electronic appointment reminders to all patients who are scheduled for treatment, well ahead of time. This will eliminate unnecessary waiting or late arrivals due to patients forgetting their appointments.
10. Increased tap limit for facilitation of contactless paymentAt Dentistry on 10, we have facilitated more contactless payment options like e-transfers and increased tap limits too. It will minimize our staff and patients physically coming into contact with paper cash.
Coronatime Video Testimonials
We thank all of you for your support and positive feedback during these difficult times. It motivates us to do even more for our community, as we have now officially opened our practice.