Wisdom Teeth & Bone Grafting
Two common oral surgeries offered by Dr. Kotecha and her associates of Dentistry On 10 are wisdom teeth extraction
and bone grafting
Wisdom teeth are the molars in the very back of a patient’s mouth. They typically begin to erupt or cause problems when a patient is a teenager or young adult. Wisdom teeth can cause gum tenderness, pain, and swelling failing to erupt properly. Even when they do erupt through the gum line, they can be extremely difficult to keep clean, and can increase a patient’s risk for periodontal disease. Many dentists examine a patient’s teeth and complete x-rays to determine if wisdom teeth need to be extracted. This procedure is done with proper anesthetics and sedation. Patients can ask questions about the procedure beforehand and have the opportunity to learn more about what to expect before, during, and after the treatment.
Patients who have lost bone structure due to tooth loss may want to consider restorative options such as dental implants. However, dental implants require that a patient have sufficient bone underneath the gum tissue to hold the implant in place. When patients are considering this restoration but are unable to do so due to lack of bone, a grafting may be completed. This can help rebuild the bone to the point where dental implants can be successfully placed and used to restore a tooth or stabilize a full denture. The entire process between the bone graft and the placement of a dental implant may happen over the course of several months. Dr. Kotecha and her associates complete x-rays to determine one’s need for bone grafting, and discusses the entire bone augmentation process with a patient well before they undergo the surgical procedure.
Dr. Kotecha and her associates offer a variety of general and cosmetic dentistry procedures and are happy to provide care for new and existing patients. If you are a patient who is considering dental care in the Mississauga, Ontario area, contact Dentistry On 10
to schedule your initial consultation appointment and meet Dr. Kotecha and her caring, compassionate staff.
- Wisdom Teeth Mississauga - Mississauga area dentist offers wisdom teeth removal
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Port Credit - When might Port Credit area patients need wisdom teeth removal?
- Tooth Extraction Brampton - When do Brampton area patients need to consider tooth extraction?
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions Reviews Mississauga - Mississauga area dentist reviews with patients the benefits of wisdom teeth extractions
- Dentist for Tooth Extraction Mississauga - Visiting a Mississauga area dentist for tooth extraction
- Dentist Which Provides Wisdom Tooth Removal Near Mississauga - Which dentist near Mississauga provides wisdom tooth removal?
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Options Mississauga - Your options for wisdom teeth removal in Mississauga
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Mississauga - Mississauga residents search for wisdom teeth removal options